By: Leo D'Adderio
Date Submitted: 2009-01-26
1. First download Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/) or locate Thunderbird in your Applications Folder.
2. Go to Tools -> Account Settings and choose Add Account.
3. Choose Email Account
4. Enter your name and email address and click continue
5. Choose IMAP Account and enter 'imap.gmail.com' as your imap account and click continue.
6. Enter your username, depending on how your email account is set up and click continue.
7. Enter an account name and click continue.
8. Now click DONE and you are almost done.
9. Now locate the newly created Google account and click on the option 'Server Settings' right underneath the name of the account created.
10. Locate the port field on the top right hand corner and type in the port 993.
11. Now where it says Security Settings, check off the radio button SSL.
12. If you want to automatically check for email every so often, then check off the 'Check for new message every'.
13. Click done if you think you are done.
14. Next we need to set up your smtp server.
15. Click on 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' and choose add on the right hand side.
16. Enter a description name and your primus dsl smtp server which happens to be smtp.primus.ca
17. Now check off the 'Use Name and Password' option.
18. Enter your primus email address and check off 'STARTTLS, if available' option.
19. Now you are good to go to send and receive emails.